Here is what we can confirm about the differences between the RC902 and the outgoing RC901:
- They fit the same as the older version. So, select the same size if you already have previous S-Phyres.
- One online review out there says something about it being tighter, but our staff can not tell a difference, at all.
- The Heel cup is definitely more snug on the RC902. More like a Fizik or even Sidi, where your heel "pops" down into it. A nice change!
- New BOA dials are the same function, but smoother and seem to have more micro adjustment.
Shimano literature says:
- Revised upper with 360° surround wrapping to create a supremely engineered fit for all riders.
- Heel cup with anti-twist stabilization secures optimal foot positioning for intense acceleration and high tempo cadences.
- Function-specific zones and scientifically optimized upper materials maximize fit and pedaling performance.
- Dual low-profile Boa® Li2 dials allow quick and precise micro-adjustments.
- Integrated seamless midsole and upper construction set a new level of fit, stability and lightweight performance.
- Adjustable powerzone wire guide securely holds forefoot.
- Improved cleat positioning guides.
- New Red color.